Just like you need to take your car in to the shop for regular tune-ups, such as oil changes or looking at probable issues, your home comfort system should get the same kind of attention. Scheduled maintenance by a professional technician provides numerous benefits to your HVAC equipment, which can help your systems work efficiently and prevent costly breakdowns.
The cost varies depending on the equipment size and different features, so we advise contacting Tri County Climate Control LLC at 541-238-2797 to receive a quote.
With two-stage heating, furnaces may work on two different levels: high and low. Since you can heat your home on the low setting a majority of the time, a two-stage furnace can run longer and more efficiently. Two-stage heating also runs more quietly than traditional furnaces and can provide more even heat distribution and fewer temperature swings.
Tri County Climate Control LLC offers a selection of different brands and models that include advanced technology to help heat and cool your home more efficiently. Technology in the newer HVAC systems provides more precision when it comes to matching your home comfort needs. If you would like more information, please reach out to our experts at 541-238-2797.
Depending on how old your previous furnace was, you could experience a number of differences. Furnaces today are developed to offer more even and efficient heating than ever before. Modern furnaces also better regulate temperature and air flow, moving more air over the heat exchanger than older furnaces.
Additionally, new furnaces are created to integrate with other high-efficiency HVAC products, such as air conditioners. The air conditioner blowers offer your heating system an extra lift so it can deliver cool air around your home efficiently. Special features like variable speed motors will also help lessen noise associated with operating your equipment and easily meet your family's airflow needs.
The Department of Energy recently raised the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units created after Jan. 1, 2015, since heating and cooling contributes significantly to a homes total energy usage. The requirements vary by region, so call Tri County Climate Control LLC for the efficiency standards for Bend.
There are lots of ways to decrease your energy costs and one of the best ways is to make sure you have an energy-efficient HVAC system. Tri County Climate Control LLC has many highly efficient products that will help decrease the amount of energy you are using and save you money. In addition to looking for products that have the Energy Star® certification, high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, here are some other factors to consider:
- Remember to schedule regular maintenance and have an experienced technician take a look at your system to make sure its running efficiently.
- If you have certain areas of your home that you need to heat or cool, you could consider a zoning system. This allows you to target that area and reduces wasted energy on heating or cooling areas that aren't used.
- Programmable or smart thermostats make it a breeze to maintain your home comfort while not using energy to heat or cool your space if you aren't home. It is an easy way to lower energy costs and once you set it, you can walk away and be confident its going to take care of your indoor comfort.
Tri County Climate Control LLC has been serving the Bend community for many years and has been delivering trustworthy and dependable service. Our service and the products we carry are of the highest quality and you won't be disappointed in the results. Our knowledgeable team is here to help you achieve your ideal home comfort.
There are four things to consider when enhancing your indoor air quality:
- The indoor air quality in your space starts to suffer when the air begins filling up with air pollutants. The biggest concern is getting rid of these pollutants. Some to-dos to add to your weekly checklist is vacuuming, washing your linens and making sure any cleaning products are stored properly.
- Especially in newer homes, the insulation is installed so well that it might be challenging for these pollutants to leave the home. While it helps to keep your home warm or cool, depending on the season, its valuable to get some fresh air inside.
- Make sure that you have good ventilation and perform routine maintenance on your system. And while that's important, you can also take your IAQ even further by using air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems to get rid of particles while eliminating chemical vapors.
- Smart or programmable thermostats can manage humidity levels as well as the temperature. This can help avert germs and other particles from collecting while preserving your home comfort.
Every home is different,, which is why we advise that you contact our experts at Tri County Climate Control LLC to find out which solution will be best for your space. Our experienced technicians will conduct a review of your current system and determine what your ideal home comfort looks like. That will help us determine which products will be most effective.
You may be surprised to learn that air conditioners don't technically make your home cooler; they actually remove the hot air and transfer it outside. This hot air is pushed across a refrigerant coil on the indoor unit and then is sent to the outdoor unit where it is released. Your air conditioner transfers as much hot air outside as is necessary to reach the temperature you have set on your thermostat.
Different regions have different minimum energy efficiency standards. Additionally, air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units made after Jan. 1, 2015, have higher minimum efficiency levels than products manufactured prior to that date. The team at Tri County Climate Control LLC can help you find out the minimum requirements for Bend, let you know if your current systems meets those requirements or help you find a replacement air conditioner that does.
Your systems service panel has a white label on it, with your systems model and serial numbers at the top. M/N signifies the systems model number and S/N is the serial number.
Since equipment size needs are different for every home, the best way to figure out the correct size equipment for your home is to have a technician from Tri County Climate Control LLC come out to perform load calculation tests. The tests take measurements such as square footage, insulation value and amount, and more into account to determine your homes HVAC equipment needs.
Yes debris can limit your systems ability to function effectively. Its normal for heat pumps to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but many include defrost controls so they can work efficiently regardless of the weather conditions.
When an air conditioner uses two-stage cooling, it means that there are two levels of operation. This allows the system to work most effectively since there is one level for milder weather and another for harsher weather that demands the system work harder. Two-stage cooling also enables more even temperatures so you don't experience extreme differences in temperature. Aside from better efficiency, other benefits of two-stage cooling include quieter operation and improved humidity control.
When your cooling unit freezes up, there are a couple of reasons why it could be doing so. The most common reasons include: dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporative coil and a faulty blower motor or relay.
A dirty filter is something you can take care of as a homeowner, but the others need to be completed by a professional like those at Tri County Climate Control LLC. Contact them at 541-238-2797 with any additional questions.
Tri County Climate Control LLC offers a number of great thermostat options for your HVAC systems. The best thermostat for you will depend on a couple variables, such as whether you want one that's programmable or not. No matter what kind of thermostat you'd like or if you're looking for something that can fit with a home automation system call Tri County Climate Control LLC to hear about which thermostats you can choose from. Our team will help you find one that fits with your system, your family's needs and your budget.
A heat pump takes care of both your homes heating and cooling needs, offering you one HVAC system that can be used in all four seasons. During the warmer months, heat pumps act like an air conditioner, capturing the hot air from inside your home and directing it outside; in the cooler months, this process is reversed. Heat pumps can be very energy efficient and may produce two to three times more heat than the energy it uses.
At Tri County Climate Control LLC, we do recommend replacing both your indoor and outdoor units at the same time because:
- Nowadays, outdoor systems are built to work with their matching indoor system for maximum efficiency. When you replace only one of your systems, you may not see the same energy efficiency levels as if you had replaced them together.
- Thanks to technological improvements, newer systems mean better efficiency. This is also true for HVAC systems. While the advancements focus on improved heating and cooling efficiency, they also include benefits such as better air handling, filtering and noise reduction.
- If your heating and cooling systems are 10+ years old, they need to be replaced. Older models have outdated technology that is likely adding to your energy costs due to poor efficiency. So by replacing your indoor system at the same time as your outdoor equipment, both your systems will provide better energy efficiency that helps you decrease your energy bills and keep your home more comfortable.
Your home energy system could have a communication module that sends performance stats to an online site or portal. You can visit this to monitor your system's status, the amount of energy being produced and the positive impact you are having on the environment. You can also take a look at your owner's manual for recommendations on monitoring performance.
Rain will clean the modules naturally in most areas; however, if you live in a dusty area, you might see improved performance after periodically spraying the modules with water. Please note that high-pressure hoses and detergents should never be used to clean solar modules, as they can harm the product.
Tri County Climate Control LLC can help suggest the right thermostat for you based on your home and current heating and cooling equipment. We have a variety of programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats, which can help increase the efficiency of your homes furnace and/or air conditioner. Take a look at our thermostats or give us a call at 541-238-2797 for more information.
A large portion of your monthly utility bills can be attributed to your heating and cooling system. It makes sense, because our home comfort is a critical aspect of our day-to-day lives. Luckily, there are high-efficiency solutions from Tri County Climate Control LLC that can keep you comfortable while also reducing energy costs. When it's time for you to search for a new HVAC system, there are a couple things to consider. You'll want to find air conditioners with high SEER ratings and furnaces with high AFUE ratings. These ratings measure efficiency, so the greater the number the better off you'll be when it comes to saving on energy costs. You can also review these tips:
- Keep your system operating to its best ability by scheduling routine maintenance. It helps sustain efficiency and make sure everything is functioning properly.
- Consider a zoning system if you only have certain rooms that need to be heated or cooled. There is no need to use energy regulating the temperature in a room that is never, or rarely used.
- The U.S. Department of Energy says that programmable thermostats can save up to 35 percent on heating costs and 25 percent on cooling costs. There are a lot of programmable and smart thermostat options that are easy to use and vary in the type of features-so you can find an option that you are comfortable with.
A zoning system lets you parcel your residence and heat or cool each space differently. While these systems operate well for homes that have areas that are rarely visited, they can also be great in situations where you and your family argue about the temperature in certain parts of your home. There are a variety of additional pluses of zoning systems, like efficiency and comfort. Look through our selection of zoning systems or give Tri County Climate Control LLC a call to see how a zoning system could fit in your home.