According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts need to be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the lifetime of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence how long your ducts can go without cleaning. How can you tell if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some indications that you should keep in mind.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are totally opened, do any have less adequate airflow than others?
2. Can you hear something other than your blower motor when you focus on the airflow?
3. Is there blockage inside your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, is there a buildup of debris or pet fur?
5. Have insects or rodents fashioned a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns coated with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers driving out dust?
If you said “yes” to any of these questions, it’s likely time to ask Tri County Climate Control LLC in Bend about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are actions you can take to protect your ducts and extend the time between professional appointments.
Most importantly, schedule regular HVAC maintenance with the professionals at Tri County Climate Control LLC. A yearly evaluation of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system working at peak performance. Checking your system on a regular basis and replacing the air filter when necessary will also help keep your ducts clean.
More ways you can help maintain your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let debris in from spaces such as your attic.
• Check your air filters regularly and put in new filters when necessary.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your home.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in unsatisfactory or damp condition.
Keeping your ducts clear will help you make sure the air in your Bend home is clean. Be sure to use these preventative steps and schedule a professional duct cleaning now. Call the experts at Tri County Climate Control LLC at 541-238-2797 or schedule an appointment online.