Having routine air conditioning service performed at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Bend season, have the specialists at Tri County Climate Control LLC complete your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to illicitly releasing it to the environment.
- Inspect for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to ensure proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We advise looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Tri County Climate Control LLC today at 541-238-2797.