Summer has arrived! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Bend is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Tri County Climate Control LLC consistently recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another opportunity to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. mow the grass, clean out any debris and remove overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it clear and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If it’s time to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Tri County Climate Control LLC in Bend at 541-238-2797 today.