You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a great way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Tri County Climate Control LLC have compiled some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become major problems, and it can help make certain your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a major difference on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting used to the current temperature, try changing it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Tri County Climate Control LLC technician is over for your regular furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 541-238-2797.