As spring starts, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Bend? Even if your cooling unit is up-to-date or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your equipment checked annually by a Tri County Climate Control LLC expert can help spot minor issues before they become large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate within your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy consumption—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps determine little problems before they lead to big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully examine pieces and complete a cycle of AC performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into extensive issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the season. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent spots and pieces:
- Full equipment order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Tri County Climate Control LLC
This week is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Tri County Climate Control LLC pros a shout at 541-238-2797 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your house, be sure to check our special offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.